[78-L] Flagstad White Labels [FWD] (Michael Biel)

Michael Quinn michael.quinn94 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 06:21:51 PDT 2010

<Polydor was the name that was used in Germany for Gramophone Co
pressings after they could no longer used Gramophone trademark.  The
logo was a funny bald guy holding two horns to his ears, and his
nickname was "the pr_ _ k with two ears".  Electrola was a used for
export, I believe.  I'm sure the Europeans on the list can correct this.>

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

Isn't Polydor the export label for the German company DGG post World
War 1? The legal outcome of the war reparations hearings meant that
DGG could not use the dog logo outside Germany. Electrola was the new
Gramophone Company subsidiary set up in Germany.
Mike Quinn