[78-L] YOU

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Oct 13 21:20:20 PDT 2010

That's a song, bub.  The title is (I think) just "You".  The lyrics are
something like
Youuuuuuuu, wonderful, glorious, you, only you.
Then there are eight pairs of notes rising and lowering in pitch before
the last line in the chorus.

I need to know the year of the song.  There was a song by that title in
the 1936 film The Great Ziegfeld.  If you want to hear the one I am
looking for (and know why), it is used as the opening theme song for an
audition program of "Clara, Lu, and Em" which the site dates as 1930 but
I think this is a demo for a 1945 attempt at syndication.  The
announcing style is MUCH too modern for 1930.  It can be heard at:
http://www.otrsite.com/ra/preview.html ; , the clip on the top right of
page one.  Something in the back of my mind tells me that it was also
the closing theme of Art Linkletter's House Party.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com