[78-L] Info on RCA Special Pressings I found

agp2176 at verizon.net agp2176 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 13 10:46:43 PDT 2010

I'm in Kamloops BC in Canada and stopped in a place call Penny Pinchers. Nothing really great there, but I did pick up an oddity, to me at least.

I got three 78s as a part of a late RCA Victor set. The details are this:

Catalog SLC-1
Guadalcanal March (F2PB-2303-2)
Beneath the Southern Cross (F2PB-2304-2)
by Members of the NBC Symphony Orchestra, Robert Russell Bennett, Conductor

Catalog SLC-2
Norwegian Mountain March (E1EB-3664)
Ribbon Dance  (E1EB-2995)
by The RCA Victor Folk Dance Orchestra, Michael Herman, Conductor

Catalog SLC-4
Tantoli (E1EB-3717)
Minuet from Don Giovanni (E1EB-4056)
by The RCA Victor Folk Dance Orchestra, Michael Herman, Conductor

All are on a full colour dog on black RCA Victor label with the notation SPECIAL PRESSING below the title/ artist info.

Does any one know what this SLC series was and what SLC-3 was.

All in all I guess worth the 99 cents I paid for 'em!

Tony