[78-L] Dating Italian Acoustic Columbias.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 13 02:44:34 PDT 2010

Hi!

I've recently been transferring some of my Italian acoustic Columbia operatics.
These include some very underestimated singers.
However, I gather that much of the Columbia recording information of
pre-electric days has gone astray or just been destroyed through
warfare or whatever.

I wondered if any among you have any information whatsoever which
would help me 'date' these records by their matrix numbers (or even
through catalogue numbers: mostly on the 'D' series). I'm mainly
interested in the period 1910-1925.

Thanks,

Earl Okin.