[78-L] Fabulous Feinstein PBS series

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Oct 11 17:44:42 PDT 2010

Ken Bloom, the director of the show, is also the author of "The American Songbook," a wonderful coffee table sized book that details the lives and careers of just about all of the major and mid-major Tin Pan Alley songsmiths, singers, and performers. Feinstein wrote the foreword but it obviously has his mark. I've met Feinstein on several occasions, and he is as congenial and approachable as he is modest about his talents. Instead of a singer who collects, I think he's more of a collector who happens to sing. A good guy to have on our side.

Cary Ginell