[78-L] Repairing cracked records

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 10 22:12:17 PDT 2010

Assuming gluing works to hold down the lacquer, I'm still left with the
problem of the space of the crack itself: the two sides of the crack do not
fit snugly together.  That's why the stylus will not track through them.

Is there any way to fill the gap so that the grooves can be tracked?

Unfortunately the disc was in this condition when I got it.  It's not a
complete Lux Theatre show, but it was made off of an air feed from WABC, NY.
I think it's unique because I have good reason to believe that the existing
copy in circulation is from the West Coast version.

The show in question, btw, is "Richelieu," broadcast on January 23, 1939.
The recording was made my Edwin Strong, and I have parts two and four.

Sammy Jones