[78-L] trivia question and Cary question

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sun Oct 10 18:10:33 PDT 2010

First, where did you read this comment? I must have asked Hank about this record in one of our interviews but I can't recall whether he was proud of it or not. I can tell you, however, that for all his clean-cut image, Hank did love a good racy joke, and it doesn't surprise me in the least that he made this record (which was also recorded by Tampa Red). Hank even told an off-color joke at my wedding, but because it was good ol' lovable Hank, he got away with it. I can't reveal the details of the joke; suffice it to say it had to do with garden vegetables, specifically, tomatoes and cucumbers. Use your imagination.

Although he didn't sing "Poodle" at my wedding, he did do "Won't You Ride in My Little Red Wagon."

Cary Ginell