[78-L] Classical 12 inch 78 albums

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Oct 8 18:15:15 PDT 2010

I know this, but I figured we might as well make sure that postings on
78-L be correct in the use of such a basic term.  This ain't OyVey.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: Cary Ginell <soundthink at live.com>
I'm afraid common sense is in the minority now. Any CD release is called
an "album" these days, whether it has one disc or multiple discs. The
"album" label was put on LPs almost from the very beginning of their
existence. So this egregious and nonsensical error is fully engrained
into the public's lexicon and there's nothing we can do about it.

Cary Ginell