[78-L] How a Columbia Record is Made (silently)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 7 20:17:20 PDT 2010

I've seen one Columbia pressing that was beginning to delaminate..a picture
transcription from (I think) 1930. Famous Artists Of The Air. The grooves were
in a thin plastic coating and as I recall (it was 30 years ago) the disc had a
big Magic Notes logo under the grooves. Brian Boyd had this disc and asked me
to transfer it before he sold it, so I have no idea where it went. This came
from the same batch of "saved from the fire" transcriptions that included
several Bulova 15 Minute Men programs. (Saved from the fire because the station
manager had taken the discs home the night before the station burned to the
ground. Jewish lightning? You didn't hear me say that.)

dl