[78-L] How a Columbia Record is Made (silently)

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 07:16:42 PDT 2010

Silent films were still being made in 1928 with no special soundtracks, and
there were many theaters that did not have either Vitaphone or Movietone.
This film looks like a commercial that didn't cost that much to make.

I don't know the piece he's conducting, but here's a clue: I'm looking for a
piece that is probably one of the ballets, with an instrumentation that
includes three harps. There are few pieces that have two harps (Afternoon of
a Faun as an example) let alone three.

Jeff Sultanof