[78-L] Brown Sticky Tape.

H D Goldman thedoctor at discdoc.com
Tue Oct 5 16:53:33 PDT 2010

Yes Earl it is; most likely known as Toluol.  Hardware stores should carry the chemical in the same place you'll find mineral spirits, paint thinner, etc.  It is a derivative of benzine which is less toxic & has a higher boiling point.  As Joe mentioned, it should be used in a well ventilated space.

Cheers,

duane goldman

On Oct 5, 2010, at 6:19 PM, Spats wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've never heard of either Toluene or Toluol. Is this available in the UK?
>
> Earl.
>
> Benzine is a carcinogen & the fumes should not inhaled.  There is no
> valid excuse for individuals to use Benzine, period.   Please use
> Toluene [aka toluol] as a safer substitute.
>
> Duane Goldman, Ph.D.

H D Goldman Lagniappe Chemicals Ltd.
PO Box 37066 St. Louis, MO 63141 USA
v/f 314 205 1388 thedoctor at discdoc.com