[78-L] Repairing cracked records

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 4 13:24:34 PDT 2010

I wonder if this method will work with a lacquer disc that has a lacquer crack.  I've got a Lux Radio Theater show from the '30s that has a lacquer crack for the first five or so minutes.  It will not track over the crack unless I use my finger to nudge the stylus.  That gets tiresome after 33 1/3 times every minute for five minutes!

Obviously the metal substrate won't soften as a shellac will, but the grease pencil part sounds interesting...

Sammy Jones

I had been holding some other similarly