[78-L] eBay rules

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Sep 29 11:30:57 PDT 2010

You also need this  Handy Phrase Book for jolly interaction with your
buyers,  including these all-time favorites:

"I've been selling vinyl for [however many] years so I know what I'm doing."

"I am an expert about 78s [this one posted by several people who seem to
know very little about the subject]"

"I know how to pack 78s...don't worry."

Which is often followed a couple weeks later with

"I'm really sorry the record I sent to you in an old paper sack with lots
and lots of Scotch Tape on it arrived broken.  This is the first time this
has happened since I started selling records in [fill in the year of your
choice].

One time some old psycho dude named glassrecords or something tore me a new
one after I wrote him and told him that my nice E+ Clarence Williams Okeh
had gotten cracked in the shipping.  Old man told me in a profanity-laced
reply that I should have requested the "deluxe shipping" if I was so worried
about the record arriving intact (or "in tact" as one seller posted).

But,  my usual closing remark about eBay.  There are many,  many fine
sellers who list records there and it really doesn't take too much smarts to
figure out pretty quick who is trustworthy and who isn't.  If it did take
smarts,  I wouldn't have had thousands and thousands of happy transactions
and only a handful of bummers.

Taylor