[78-L] Mac on Bluebird

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue Sep 28 11:50:58 PDT 2010

Greetings from FixitLand!

On Sep 26, 2010, at 1:37 PM, David Lennick wrote:

> Anyone have Tony Russell's book to check something? Dave Burnham
> has Harry
> McClintock's "Bum Song" on Bluebird B-11083. VMB shows two 1928
> recordings on
> Victor, the familiar one on 21704 backed with Big Rock Candy
> Mountain (and
> recorded in the Hollywood Bowl, which I did not know) and an
> earlier one on
> 21343 backed with Hallelujah I'm a Bum, recorded in Oakland.
> Neither entry
> shows a Bluebird reissue, which is either a dub or a rerecording
> since it has
> the later style runout.

I know there'll be lots more on this thread I have yet to read, but:

(1) I notice the Bluebird "Abrams file" has no entry for Bluebird
B-11083, so this is welcome news;
(2) Are you saying the coupling is "The Bum Song"/"The Bum Song No.
2" -- or ??? What exactly is the coupling?
(3) Would it be possible to get label scans?

TIA

Take care,

Joe
—
Cats: I've got 'em right where they want me.