[78-L] Who Was Joyce Hatto?

Martin Fenton mafenton at talktalk.net
Mon Sep 27 12:29:05 PDT 2010

On 27/09/2010 15:50, neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm afraid WBC did exactly the opposite of what he says he intended to
> do. JH will be remembered forever more (or as l ong as she is remembered
> at all) as the woman whose husband made her famous posthumously for all
> the wrong reasons.

I haven't heard the programme yet. I wonder if they covered
Barrington-Coupe's involvement with Joe Meek's Triumph label in the
early 1960s? He has previously done time for tax infringement.

At the time that the hoax was uncovered, somebody on the internet
enquired whether Joyce Hatto ever existed at all, uncharitably (but
accurately) adding that the surviving publicity photographs of her could
conceivably be of Barrington-Coupe wearing a wig!

Martin.