No subject

Sat Sep 25 01:58:40 PDT 2010

> I used to listen to WQXR while driving home from Oshawa late at night in
> the
> 70s. Sometimes I could pick up WCFL in Chicago. As for CBL's coverage,
> Vince
> Giordano used to listen to my late night programs at his home in Brooklyn,
> and
> he sent me a few albums..this is how I made his acquaintance. (I once had
> phone message from someone at NBC in Chicago, as well, and I thought maybe
> they
> were going to lay down the law on my running vintage radio material.
> 'Twasn't
> the case.)

Nevertheless...thanks to a now-forgotten treaty...back in 1976, when I was
planning
my move to Canada...I had access to CBL (CBC;s "flagship" station...?!) to
learn more
about my new "homeland"...! Apparently, in current condirtions, it is
assumed that
EVERYBODY can access FM radio...?! so that our "clear channel" of 740KHz can
be
ressigned (I HOPE upon payment...?!) to any/every fundamental orifice who
has a
personal idea (backed by potential income...?!) of what radio should become
in
the 21st century...?! It is admittedly difficult to fall below the handful
of formats
to which we have been forced to hear (say an all Led Zeppelin channel?!)

Nevertheless, there MUST be a better way to use our "clear channel" than any
of the current (CBC or other?!) participants do9...?!

Steven C. Barr