[78-L] 78-L mail should be normal now ^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Sep 26 21:40:09 PDT 2010

David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> A couple of months ago I was in North Bay looking at a collection, and
> Radio
> One was the only thing that wasn't headbangers or shitkickers. And MAN was
> it
> depressing. Program after program documenting grief, woe and misery
> everywhere
> in the world. And moderately talented Canadian performers who couldn't get
> airplay anywhere else even if they offered free beer and free inflatable
> women.
> Radio Two is just as appalling, although it has some strange appeal these
> days
> to folks whose heads are still stuck in the free-form rock of the late
> 60s.
> Classical is down to five hours a day and hosted by some giggling Gertie
> who
> plays a complete symphony but cuts in midway to make sure you know what it
> is
> and how to spell it. You wonder why I listen only to WNED-FM in Buffalo?

Welcome to the XXI Jahrhundert! A small elite based in downtown Toronto
provides most of our information...analog or digital...while the other
"ignored
masses" continue to provide good reason for their unacknowledged
condition...?
It is rather hard to accept/justiy a demographic mostly based on glimpses of
Shania Twain's navel...?!

FEH!

Steven C. Barr