[78-L] 78-L mail should be normal now ^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Sep 26 21:30:33 PDT 2010

From: "agp" <agp2176 at verizon.net>
> At 03:43 26/09/2010, SB wrote:
>>It should be noted in passing that the dubious decision of our Canadian
>>Broadcasting "Corporation" to abandon their treaty-granted "clear
>>channel" AM frequency deprived countless Ontarians of hearing the
>>programming for which their taxes had paid...?!
>>99.1 FM has an approximate range of 100 miles or less...which does
>>NOT include much/most of northern Ontario...?! OTOH, 740 AM
>>(now passing through a series of content-free broadvasters!) was
>>receivable in ALL of Ontario...in fact, much of North America!
> Back when CBL/ 740 was up and perking I used to listen to it every
> night here in Pittsburgh.

 And when I was planning my move to Toronto/Canada...but had NOT
yet done so...I used to listen to "740 AM" just to become aware of
what I might encounter when I made that move...?!

> Don't get me started on how CBC has totally screwed up Radio One.
> Ooops. Looks like you have so I'll vent. I speak solely of Radio One
> in Toronto, but other's mileage may be the same. The programming has
> become so Toronto-cenetric, that CBC on 99.1 (and its southern
> Ontario repeaters) has no relevance to a labourer or farmer  out in
> Haldeman county for example. Programmes like Here and now and Metro

This in turm takes us headlong into the Toronto mayoral race! The many
supporters of Rob Ford are hoping for a "Torinto like it used to
be"...totally
free of n*****rs, "Pakis" and similar undesirables...?! The idea/dream is
that
the folks out in the "boondocks" are ALL caucasian...Anglo-Saxon...and
regularly attend Christian (presumably Protestant?!) church services...?!

This in turn is the demographic that the CBC is trying to AVOID
attracting...?!
CBC serves as a "horrible example" for the Sun-reader, Ford-supporting
"Give us an Ontario like the one I remember [or could have remembered?!]
demographic?!" These folks tend to listen to "new country" (70's rock with
fiddle and pedal steel added so it is "country?!") on US radio stations!
They
hope for/dream of an Ontario like the one they either dimly remember, or
were told (near as they remember?!) USED to exist back around 1950 or
so...a "dream world" where one saw only WHITE faces/folks on the streets...
and others KNEW their place and STAYED there...!

Comment ca va...?!

Steven C. Barr