[78-L] Mac on Bluebird

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 26 13:37:29 PDT 2010

Anyone have Tony Russell's book to check something? Dave Burnham has Harry
McClintock's "Bum Song" on Bluebird B-11083. VMB shows two 1928 recordings on
Victor, the familiar one on 21704 backed with Big Rock Candy Mountain (and
recorded in the Hollywood Bowl, which I did not know) and an earlier one on
21343 backed with Hallelujah I'm a Bum, recorded in Oakland. Neither entry
shows a Bluebird reissue, which is either a dub or a rerecording since it has
the later style runout.