[78-L] 78-L mail should be normal now ^

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Sat Sep 25 21:49:30 PDT 2010

How's about me tuning onto WQXR-FM (as was my wont) on a fine evening some
months ago.
It was New York''s only classical station.
I picks up me crossword pzzle..settle back on my luxurious cushions and I
hears "Baila que rico baila................ "
Thees was not the Havana Philharmonic.
Turns out that the NY Times peddled their 50,000 watt FM station to a Latino
outfit.
Slight change in programing ensued.
WQXR went up the dial to 1560FM,  a 3 candlepower station which does not
reach my location a mere 25 miles from NYC and recently
 vacated by the Cha Cha Cha people and now run classically by PBS for people
who must be living between 24th and 25th Streets.
A paradigm.
Es verdad!

Al Simmons