[78-L] Victor Red Seal 2900x

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Thu Sep 23 20:30:15 PDT 2010

Does anyone know anything about Victor Red Seal records in the 29000 count?  I
have three Mark Hambourg recordings on 29004, 29005 and 29006, (the last two are
the Moonlight Sonata).  Steven Barr's dating guide only mentions one record in
the 29000 count, (29175), at its date is 1/24.  The ones I have are definitely
electrical recordings.  These records appear to be from the late 20s, they have
large Red labels with "VE" in an oval and the word "Orthophonic" with "True in
Sound" in tiny letters under the "p".  They just have an eccentric groove for
run-off, no spiral.  I also have John Bolig's Red Seal Discography which covers
up to 1929 but the highest number there is 10012.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
db