[78-L] Info Needed

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Sep 22 17:20:35 PDT 2010

From: <DRJAZZ78 at aol.com>
> Greetings All,
>    Can anybody please tell me the band responsible for  this disc?
> Homochord B 1832 Pennsylvania Syncopators "Oh! Desdemona" 17879 "I Want To
> Be Happy" 42727-1

Interesting...! "Oh Desdemona" doesn't seem to turn up in either the Emerson
or Grey Gull "Abrams Files"...however, the title is unusual enough that I
recall
owning it...probably on a GG-related label?

42727 is an Emerson matrix number; it appears in ADBD under the
"Pennsylvania..." identity, supposedly cut c. 8/1924. The name was
used on Emerson for "house band" sides...probably Fred Hall...?!

17879 would appear to be a control number (probably for either
a GG side or a side cut by ERL for GG in the former's 3xxx control
series?

Steven C. Barr