[78-L] I Deserve A Break Today

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Sep 21 19:09:49 PDT 2010

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
>> Well, the whole point of "easy listening"music was that it didn't...in
>> fact,
>> COULDN'T...offend anybody?! Thus, it is like comparing a McDonalds
>> sandwich to an actual MEAL...?! "Easy listening" is (and is supposed to
>> be?!) a nice pleasant and INoffensive sound to keep one's ears "busy"
>> while NOT requiring any effort from one's brain...?!
>> Same way a McBurger has a nice inoffensive taste and fills your
>> stomach...but one doesn't have to think "Do I actually ENJOY
>> consuming this thing...?!)
>> Steven C. Barr
> I would rather listen to all the Mantovani records every made being being
> played at the same time than eat at McDonald's.   The only thing I will
> say
> about them (from road trips) is that the coffee is hot and innocuous (like
> Will Hudson arrangement?) and the rest rooms are,  as a rule,  very clean.

I haven't eaten at McDonald's for a number of years...mainly because I can
no longer afford to...?! My standard order (I used to eat there when I was
still a "cable guy!") was 2 hamburgers, 2 fries (then one large fries after
that became available) and a large (diet) cola. When I first encountered
McDonalds (c. 1957-8) that was less than a buck...it now costs around $8,
and I can buy a pizza slice (or 2 if the 2 for 1 pizza place is open?!) for
around $6 tax included! OTOH I can usually fix myself a sandwich at
home for < $1...?!

Steven C. Barr