[78-L] Segue from Buttons and Bows to Red Buttons

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 21 13:08:55 PDT 2010

Nobody of any consequence is on the cast album, unfortunately. As far as I
know, the only cast member to record was Zeke Manners, on V-Disc.

Here's what Jack Raymond lists:

http://www.loc.gov/rr/record/showmusic/search.php?recnum=3522&alphaID=431120&searchterm=winged+victory
Original Format: Stage Production
Opening Date: November 20, 1943
Credits: Music & Words: David Rose, Moss Hart, others.

Original production
Production Credits: Orchestrator: David Rose. Conductor: David Rose, Leonard de
Paur.

Songs and Other Partial Recordings:
Song: The Army Air Corps
Format: 78-rpm disc
Label/Issue No: Decca 12-inch album 363

Song: The Army Air Corps
Format: LP disc
Label/Issue No: JJA Records 19782
Notes: With Song of Norway & Up in Central Park

Song: The Army Air Corps
Format: Compact disc
Label/Issue No: Decca B0000831-02
Notes: With Call Me Mister & This Is the Army

Song: My Dream Book of Memories
Format: 78-rpm disc
Label/Issue No: Decca 12-inch album 363

Song: My Dream Book of Memories
Format: LP disc
Label/Issue No: JJA Records 19782
Notes: With Song of Norway & Up in Central Park

Song: My Dream Book of Memories
Format: Compact disc
Label/Issue No: Decca B0000831-02
Notes: With Call Me Mister & This Is the Army

Song: Nobody's Love Is Like Mine
Performer(s): Zeke Manners & pit band
Year Recorded: 1943
Format: 78-rpm disc
Label/Issue No: V-Disc 168
Notes: With Rosalie Allen

Song: Whiffenpoof Song
Format: 78-rpm disc
Label/Issue No: Decca 12-inch album 363

Song: Whiffenpoof Song
Format: LP disc
Label/Issue No: JJA Records 19782
Notes: With Song of Norway & Up in Central Park

Song: Whiffenpoof Song
Format: Compact disc
Label/Issue No: Decca B0000831-02
Notes: With Call Me Mister & This Is the Army

Song: Winged Victory
Format: 78-rpm disc
Label/Issue No: Decca 12-inch album 363

Song: Winged Victory
Format: LP disc
Label/Issue No: JJA Records 19782
Notes: With Song of Norway & Up in Central Park

Song: Winged Victory
Format: Compact disc
Label/Issue No: Decca B0000831-02
Notes: With Call Me Mister & This Is the Army

dl