[78-L] "Boardwalk Empire" WOW!

Bill Knowlton udmacon1 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 19 19:33:02 PDT 2010

Hey, this new HBO series got the music RIGHT!! Acoustic 78s from the early 20s where "Boardwalk Empire".

I heard Whiteman's "Whispering," Sophie Tucker's "Some Of These Days," Caruso, "Japanese Sandman" and other great stuff.

I spotted the first Victor Talking Machine with an inside horn and I think the morning glory horn machine was NOT a crap-o-phone.

I specifically signed back on to HBO for this and I'm glad I did!

BILL KNOWLTON, "Bluegrass Ramble," Sundays: 9 pm to midnight (EST) over WCNY-FM (91.3) Syracuse, WUNY (89.5) Utica, WJNY (90.9) Watertown NY, also: www.wcny.org udmacon1 at hotmail.com  Since 1973! PO Box 2400, Syracuse NY 13220-2400. 315-457-6100
"BLUEGRASS RAMBLE" semi-annual fundraiser, to keep the show alive and well into its 38th year, is Sunday night Oct 3rd. An all oldtime, pre-bluegrass show, this time featuring my favorite stuff from the 20s and 30s and the Young Fogies keeping pre-bluegrass country music alive today. That night please call 1-800-451-9269 to make your pledge, or do it via www.wcny.org   THANK YOU!!!!
.