[78-L] Newly-pressed Bix Beiderbecke 78

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 07:01:26 PDT 2010

According to the site these are DMM mastered.  AFAIK the only lathe used for
DMM cutting was the Neumann VMS 80, and from what pictures I've seen of it,
it appears they only offered 33 and 45 speeds, but not 78.  So was this a
modified VMS 80 if that's so, or was the DMM cutting head mounted on another
kind of lathe just to make these 78s?