[78-L] Record transfer question, was 78-L Digest, Vol 24, Issue 27

Doug Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net
Fri Sep 17 18:13:50 PDT 2010

The algorithms in noise removal programs are designed around
processing music played at the proper pitch.  Years ago I experimented
extensively with noise removal (CEDAR) applied to files played both
faster
and slower than normal.  The results were not better.

In some cases de-clickers may work better if the audio is running
backwards,
it effectively puts the sharp transient spike at the end of a "click"
rather than
at the beginning, which may make it easier for some de-clickers to
repair.
But, with the best de-clickers I have found this approach offers no
improvement.

Doug