[78-L] Basie-Deucey

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Sep 17 17:21:57 PDT 2010

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> The Basie Vocalions,  Columbias and Okehs...now  we're talkin'  I can play
> 9:20 Special until the cows come home...whatever time that is.

Having grown up in the farming area of central Illinois (in the gradually
disappearing village of Waynesville...!) I can tell you that the cows
usually
come home around 4 p.m. ready to be milked! Since this is a regular
and predictable phenomenon, I have NO idea how "when/until the
cows come home" became an indicator of essential eternity...?!

Steven C. Barr