[78-L] Well EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEE!!!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Sep 16 20:39:26 PDT 2010

From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> I found myself enjoying a lot of the pure stuff once I began exploring it,
> but
> as far as I was concerned the well had been poisoned by the easy listening
> covers by Tony Bennett, Frankie Laine et al. That to me was garbage. Dinah
> Shore's "Keep it a Secret"? Blechhhh.

Point being that so-called "Easy Listening" (an actual radio category at one
time?!) was music carefully designed to offend as few listeners as possible,
while NOT inspiring any of its hearers...?! It is effectively music stripped
of
any emotional content...and the latter is and always has been the primary
purpose of its existence...?!

Steven C. Barr