[78-L] Never Know What You'll Find

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 16 19:44:18 PDT 2010

This is VERY interesting..the conductor was Massimo Freccia, who had a long
career. Arthur Judson got him a post in Havana in the late 30s to enable him to
work in the US (those were the days) rather than return to Fascist Italy.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1479614/Massimo-Freccia.html
Now I'm not sure if his recordings were the same ones as issued on Obie's
labels, although I'm sure I've seen the New World Symphony on Philharmonic (or
Masterpiece) both anonymously and as the Havana Philharmonic..WERM lists the 3
Overtures but also shows some anonymous issues, Obie had a Merry Wives of
Windsor on Royale which WERM says is Meyrowitz, blah blah blah.

I did more damage to my knees than to those milk crates looking at that stuff.

dl