[78-L] Basie-Deucey

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Sep 16 12:26:35 PDT 2010

I think part of the problem with the Basie Deccas is the very poor recording
quality on most of them...they sound kind of flat and often muffled.  And
those lovely Decca pressings...yuk.

I'm sure I'll get it for this,  but I prefer the Goodman Columbia of Jumpin'
At The Woodside to the Basie version on Decca,  even with Prez,  etc.    The
Goodman just sounds better,  and you can hear all the parts which are so
muddy on the Decca.

The Basie Vocalions,  Columbias and Okehs...now  we're talkin'  I can play
9:20 Special until the cows come home...whatever time that is.

Taylor