[78-L] Well EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEE!!!

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 11:21:10 PDT 2010

I was speaking in generalities. Obviously the nasal whine wasn't present
throughout. In fact, the Sons of the Pioneers are my favourite vocal
group from the 30s. I used to listen to Grand Ol' Opry on AFN in the
mid-50s and thought the music was the greatest there was. I've since
modified my views. I'm always willing to give a listen to the non-nasal,
non-repetitive, non-self-pitying performances. There aren't enough hours
in the day to explore all these people; perhaps I'm happy in my comfort
zone. I'm not one of those "like-all-kinds-of-music-equally" types. I
have to employ mental filters because, for practical reasons, it's not
possible to hear everything.

      Julian Vein