[78-L] Well EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEE!!!

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Sep 16 10:58:36 PDT 2010

You will need to listen more then - try Red Foley, Eddy Arnold, Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Elton Britt, the Sons of the Pioneers, and many others - none of whom possessed the stereotyped "nasal whine" you speak of. I have found Robbins to be the least repetitive of any country singer - he could and did sing anything, from straight country to Hawaiian, blues, pop, rockabilly, Jimmie Rodgers blue yodels, folk songs, western story songs, and much more.

Cary Ginell