[78-L] Never Know What You'll Find

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 16 08:42:21 PDT 2010

The only recording I've ever seen by the Havana Philharmonic is a Dvorak New
World that Obie put out on all his labels (Masterpiece, Philharmonic, World's
Greatest etc). What are the Overtures? Didn't know about these (and Sonora
reissued a number of Obie titles).

I hit about ten milk crates of 78s yesterday at a store whose location I'll
withhold until the one person I advised has a chance to look there. Lots of 20s
and 40s stuff, mostly routine but one Lizzie Miles on Brunswick and one item on
a label I've never seen before, "New Comfort". New Comfort Talking Machine Co,
Cedar Rapids, IA. #5009 "Whispering" b/w "Kismet", with NO ARTIST CREDIT!
Matrix numbers are 1115C and 1114A, if anyone can trace these.

dl