[78-L] Caruso museum (was: Another Museum Closes)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Sep 13 18:17:02 PDT 2010

  On 9/13/2010 5:59 PM, Spats wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Well, the Caruso Museum in New York still operates and he's definitely dead.

Never knew about it, and it's in Brooklyn, too.  I've driven within two
blocks of it dozens and dozens of times.  It's just a few minutes away
from Brooklyn College where Leah went.

But tell me, is it worth the $20 "donation"?  Will I see and hear things
that are that amazing??  Actually, looking on the website it does seem
interesting.

http://enricocarusomuseum.com/

The audio on this site is from the Austrian recordings with a modern
stereo orchestra in case you do not have any of  the three CDs and have
been wondering what they sound like.  I happen to like them and just
bought the one I was missing.

http://enricocarusomuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Enrico-Caruso-Vieni-sul-mar.mp3

There also is an article from April about the museum seeking a new
home.  It's not in danger of closing, it needs MORE SPACE.  (Don't we
all!!)
http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=12&id=34643
> Also, just about all the performers on my Podcast are dead, too! ;-(
>
> Earl.

Remind me never to make a guest appearance on your podcast!!

And over in Queens there is the Louis Armstrong Home museum.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com