[78-L] Old Soldiers Never Die

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 06:37:43 PDT 2010

Mike,

Your assumption is correct. When I was at WB, we were allowed to borrow
things from NBC. They had a mint 45 of the Monroe, and Glaser's name was on
the label.

ASCAP lists 10 songs with the title. What interests me is a song with that
name written by Jack Foley that was used for the movie "Oh, What a Lovely
War (1969). All of the songs used date from WW1 or earlier. I saw the movie
ages ago and frankly don't remember it.

There's another song that probably does not qualify, but it looks
interesting. It was written for a Victor McLaglen movie called Rackety Rax.
Has anyone seen this movie? Prints do exist.

Jeff Sultanof

and I assume he is given like credit on the RCA Victor record.