[78-L] First vocal recording of Temptation Rag

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Sep 4 15:29:49 PDT 2010

  On 9/3/2010 8:47 PM, Han Enderman wrote:
> It may be added that Columbia issued monthly catalog supplements at the time,
> and these will list A-826 as new issue.
> So the question is: which supplement does?
>
> Han Enderman

June 1910. as I posted to ARSCList a couple of hours ago:
Tim Brooks gives a release date as from the monthly supplement of June
1910.  He does not give a recording date for this matrix, but several
just before it do have dates in late March 1910.  He shows two takes of
this, an unmarked take which is on Aeritino D 678, Oxford 4396, and
United A 826, and -2 which is on Columbia A 826..

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com