[78-L] No "Lady of Spain," please

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Sep 1 08:46:42 PDT 2010

My favorite accordion recordings are those by Nathan Abshire, when he plays his old
Pinegrove blues. Beautiful dirty droning sound. Also Clifton Chenier.

Han Enderman
===
>>> The poor old squeeze box...I enjoy listening to it.  Besides the ones Al
mentions,  you have plenty of great studio band records ca. 1930 with
Cornell Smelser or Charles Magnante cutting loose with some excellent jazz
solos.

Check out the nice Smelser (?) solo on the Fred Rich Harmony/Velvet
Tone/Clarion version of "Cheerful Little Earful" for a perfect example.

Cheerful Little Taylor

P.S.  Lots of later stuff I like as well,  e.g. Art Van Damme,  Joe Mooney,
Mat Matthews,  etc.