[78-L] Saturn(e)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Aug 30 13:16:12 PDT 2010

  I  am glad to be providing Han with some info this time!!

The best source of info and pictures of these labels I've found is the
two volumes of The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Picture Discs by Andre
and Valerie Decerf which I got via Kurt Nauck.  I am not sure how close
they are to having 100% of them illustrated, but it probably is very
close.  The pictures are all large and sharp, and the titling and
numbering details are easy to read.  There is also a discography of
sorts at the end of each volume.  Saturn(e) is mainly in Vol 1, and Kurt
might be sold out of it, but some updates are also in Vol 2 which is
where EGX 105 is.   It is funny how all of these white musicians on
these three records (and others) are illustrated with paintings of black
musicians except when there are photos of the actual musicians.

Saturne 3007 SP
1399  Any Old Time   Sandy Mosse Quar
1400  A New Date      Orch. H. Renaud

Saturn EGX 105
M 11  When the Saints Go Marching In  Humphrey Lyttelton
M12   Careless Love                                       and his band
    (there are two alternate pictures for Careless Love, one drawing
showing Blacks and the other with a photo of Humphrey.)

Saturn EGX 106
MM 147  Alexander" Ragtime Band   Dutch Swing College Band
MM 149   Birthday Blues                        "          "

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com