[78-L] 78s - Capitol/ Parlophone/ The Beatles

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 14:39:07 PDT 2010

At 16:20 29/08/2010, you wrote:
>You mean to say no one has released (digital or analog) copies of the 78s?!!
>Mal

To the best of my knowledge no one has counterfeited them either.

Many Beatles collectors do not know of their existence. I could see
some enterprising bootlegger putting together a Beatles 78 CD
compilation, just as the singles compilations, but that would be a
stretch. I may try to sequence stuff based on the UK mono singles
mixes just to see what it sounds like.

There is one up on eBoo right now -- starting price is US$1,295. In
my estimation based on my knowledge of the market and the items,
that's a bit high by maybe a couple hundred russbucknicks. The fact
of the matter is that they SEEM to be a bit more prevalent these days
than they had in the past, so maybe some factory in the back streets
of Bombay is pumping them out :-)