[78-L] My Name Is Larry (was Shootin' Barr)

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 09:04:13 PDT 2010

At 15:38 29/08/2010, DL wrote:
>Ah, good old pre-Warners Rhino. Records in plain brown wrappers.
>Records which
>included a barf bag. Records shaped like a turtle, a fish, a Jewish star.
>Wonderful stuff.

Yeah -- its almost like the good-Rhino versus the bad-Rhino.
Initially their compilations such as 'Have a Nice Day' with mastering
by Bill Inglot were superb and regularly drained my wallet. Then they
got all artsy-fartsy and downright pretentious. Their box sets of
'fake' 78s of 50s stuff was the nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned.