[78-L] All the ukulele instruction you can stand - free

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Aug 24 15:38:18 PDT 2010

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
>> Sadly, I once set out to learn the ukulele...?! Howeverl I
>> caught/developed arthrits...and my fingers were no longer
>> capable of the necessary "fine dexterity...?!
>> Very fortunately, arthritis seems NOT to affect the lips...so
>> I can still play harmonica as well as ever...?!
>> Steven C. Barr
> Gosh,   Steve,  I'm surprised to learn you have arthritis in your fingers.
> It doesn't seem to have affected your ability and stamina for  typing!

Actually, I am (and always have been) a two-finger typist! I taught myself
to read, write (well, print?!) and type before I turned three. My dad had
an old Royal typewriter...once I knew my letters it was easy to "type"
(with one finger!).

I became very good at my "typing simplified!" About 20 years ago I was
sent to "business school" at Goodwill Industries; I was told I would have
to be able to type 35 words per minute to pass! I did that quite easily
with two fingers. Sadly, an apparent minor stroke (?!) has slowed my
"huntin' & peckin'" considerably...!

Steven C. Barr