[78-L] Another dance band question

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Aug 21 21:17:28 PDT 2010

> The Edgewater Beach Hotel...on Lake Michigan, on the north side of
> Chicago...
> was a noted institution...so that name was quickly assigned as a "nom du
> disque" for various (usually Selvin-led) dance bands of the late
> twenties?!
>
> Steven C. Barr

No,  Steven,  not in this case.  If you had read my entire post,  you would
have noted that I had established that Mark Fisher (a real person,  long
part of the Chicago music scene) WAS leading a band at the hotel at the time
the four sides were made.

Nor do the sides resemble any Selvins from '32 or '33.   They have a very
crisp and swinging sound,  with very distinctive soloists.

If anyone has any actual info,  please let me know.

Taylor