[78-L] Late US Decca 78 on eBay

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Fri Aug 20 17:18:07 PDT 2010

Last Coral(C) image here is 62111 Neal Hefti: The Flower Vendor
(mx not clear, poss. 105765; recording date?)
Also 62074 Buddy Holly: Raining... & 62047 McGuire Sisters, Sweetie Pie.

Last US Coral image is 61947 Buddy Holly:Listen To Me, mx 103258 (also on Canadian Coral).
I have no recording or release dates for these.

The Decca 46/48000 series ended much earlier; I have no images past the nrs quoted.

Han Enderman
===
>>> Ruppli isn't much help here, noting the last "possible" 78 issue as 30364.
Obviously they went on much longer, and still higher in Canada. The highest C&W
number in Ruppli is 46407 (Autry Inman) and the last R&B 48337 (Sister Rosetta
Tharpe). No point citing Coral or Brunswick high numbers since they're barely
noted and Canada got The Crickets and The McGuire Sisters on 78 for quite a
long time.

But the Shirelles on 78 is amazing to begin with.
dl
<<<