[78-L] paging Cliff Edwards

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Aug 19 11:50:40 PDT 2010

I'm in the sheet music biz and I can vouch for the popularity of the ukulele. A lot of it is due to the phenomenal success of Iz Kamakawiwo'ole's rendition of "Over the Rainbow"/"What a Wonderful World." George Harrison also helped spur popularity of the uke in his final years. Ukulele songbooks are jumping off the shelves. I myself play a little bit, on a concert uke I bought on the Big Island a few years ago. I've even joined a semi-monthly ukulele club that plays for fun. They're great little instruments and relatively easy to play, if you have any kind of an ear. They're wonderful instruments and should not be made fun of.

Cary Ginell