[78-L] Will Rogers

warren moorman wlmoorman3 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 16:55:50 PDT 2010

Indeed, this was one of the first big celebrity deaths by plane crash, before
Amelia Earhart, Buddy Holly, or

any others. My father had been camping, and noticed that the August meteor
showers were especially active that night. When he returned to town, he heard
the news of Post and Rogers' deaths. It stayed with him so vividly that decades
later (1993) I accompanied him to Barrow, Alaska to see the sight of the wreck.
Interesting that unlike other tragedies, it didn't seem to produce many tribute
songs.

Warren