[78-L] Quite a collection

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 16 13:18:01 PDT 2010

We've been drooling over this news for a couple of weeks over at the Toast of New York list. Notice the picture of Doug Pomeroy, complete with face mask. I hate to think what's in and on those discs..incidentally, Doug recently worked on a project I was involved in concerning another unknown concert, the King Cole Trio Carnegie Hall Concert in 1949. It's just been released on HEP.

Always amazing what turns up in private collections..I have an Illinois Jacquet concert from 1947 recorded in Toronto, some Art Tatum recorded here as well (but very little of it is usable..badly miked and people were talking through much of it)..

dl