[78-L] 78 Album Sets outside the US & Canada - Musik des Orients - Folkw ays reissue

Steve Shapiro steveshapiro1 at juno.com
Sun Aug 15 09:46:21 PDT 2010

It looks like there was a Folkways lp in 1979, currently available as a cd.  This appears to be a transfer from the Parlophones./steve

http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=686

goldenbough at arcor.de schreibt:

> The Hornbostel cylinder set was never published on modern media like LP or CD.
Last time I spoke about it, many years ago, with Prof. Artur Simon (former head of
the Berlin Phonogramm Archiv), he said that the extant copies that he knew were all
incomplete and it seems that they were originally not 100% identical.