[78-L] Pressing Plant on TV "Modern Marvels Retro-tech"

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Sun Aug 15 03:12:18 PDT 2010

Just got a book from the library. It's the highly praised "Dancing In The
Dark" by one Morris Dickstein.
It is a cultural history of the great depression. I opened it with great
anticipation. Then in the introduction I came upon this line.
"......musicologists like Charles Seeger and John and Alan Lomax traveling
with rudimentary tape recorders, unearthed a treasure trove of folk music

And that was that.

Al Simmons