[78-L] Varsity

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 13 21:02:53 PDT 2010

I've seen a number of Harry Smith lacquers including Toscanini's first NBC Symphony broadcast, and one Google search brought up a Miles Davis session recorded there in 1947. Some studios that did client labels, such as Reeves and Musicraft, are easy to identify. I wonder if Smith did indeed cut Varsity and other commercial labels?

dl